Tuesday, March 15, 2005

my user did it

This is the truth: I am a romantic. One of those hopeless ones.

But here's another truth: I love romantic love in stories and movies, where it is real enough to be possibly real but when you really think about it, you know that sort of stuff doesn't happen. People don't talk like that. Feelings aren't really so amazing and easy to articulate. See, if I saw any of the stuff in books and movies and television in front of my eyes, three dimensional in front of me, I'd laugh and roll my eyes. That's just what I'd do, even though I'd secretly long for it myself. But only if I were a fictional character, or else those shoes wouldn't fit me. You see? I don't understand what I just wrote.

My 'to do' list is still missing but I think I've got a handle on things. 750 words down on the essay, 1000 more to go. Schwing.

No comments: