Tuesday, March 08, 2005

mother said straight ahead not to delay or be misled

I was working at my desk this afternoon, sun streaming through the skylight. Suddenly a shadow flitted over my head and I looked up, thinking it was a plane or a bird. It was a plastic bag. I was listening to 'O Mimi tu piu non torni' from 'La Boheme' (one of the most gorgeous songs in the world) and it struck me that I was.... stuck in 'American Beauty!' Before I knew it, the plastic bag wavered back and forth three or four times and then disappeared.

In other news, the re-inflammation of tendonitis in my right knee has not gone away after a week. It is sore almost all day long. My mom said 'I told you so,' and I said, 'You're right. You did.' What she had told me was to keep stretching everyday or else it would come back. But come on, I didn't even stretch when I was skating every day so how did she expect me to stretch when I wasn't skating at all?

No comments: