Tuesday, March 15, 2005

february stars

Today I was prompted to look through one of my photo albums - I'm actually doing it right now. I adore pictures - especially these of my latest trip to England. That was a fabulous trip. I was happy, I didn't fight with my parents - I found that always being in a positive mood and excited about seeing things, even when your dad is grumpy, tends to make him considerably less grumpy. Even though I feel a bit guilty for going to England, a "safe" place, for my study abroad, I doubt that I'd be feeling guitly if I were anywhere but Macalester. I love England with all my heart. To live there without having to worry about jobs or real life just quite yet - it will be fabulous.

I love photos. I want to share my photo albums with everybody. Is this self-centered? I like to look at other people's photos too - as long as they are not just pictures of them and their friends - up close face shots - because thsoe are boring. I want stories behind them.

So I just finished my big history essay. It will probably be up for some editing tomorrow, but I'm essentially done with all gross stuff until spring break. I have editing, a couple history packets to read tomorrow, and a 2 page 'Principles of Art' paper that will be a piece of cake.

It's funny - the first thing that I'm going to do after I step off of the plane is get a haircut. That's such a lovely college student at home thing to do. Three more days and then I'm going to see my little brother, finish my fun book, sing Les Miserables in the car with Michelle, go see Evita on stage for the first time, do another painting, read Richard Brautigan, see friends in San Francisco...

No comments: