Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'm upset; happiness is not a fish that you can catch.

You can, however, catch a lot of fish when you try. And catching these fish fills up your day. And when you're through with the day, you have evidence of physical sustenance, and can convince yourself you had no time for emotional sustenance.

I am tired. My back is sore, my hands, my arm. And yet I don't think I've had more of a fulfilling day this year. It's really quite surprising how many things I was able to fit in - three trips to the video editing room, two hours in the woodshop, one hour of television, one episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse, one and a half hours of hookah smoking/flyer making, one hour of KAADATT meeting. . . three hours of class . . .

Idleness is the key to unhappiness. I will be busy again tomorrow. We need more cat litter. As much as I love my kittens, I did not think clearly about how much work they would be. I need help, sometimes. I need a hug, sometimes.

I saw lots of different people today. Friends from all avenues. That is very refreshing.

No comments: