Thursday, February 10, 2005

the ants are my friends, are blowing in the wind

Today, again, I felt like I just don't care enough.

I do care passionately about some things. I care about certain people, about obliterating the world of historical figure fiction and Broadway musicals based on individual pop artists, about the slowness of the snow that falls.

But the stuff we talk about in meetings? Social action? Student body change? Whether or not our school should keep its Coke contract?

I don't care. I've relieved myself of any sort of burden relating to those things. Informing people is not enough. Perhaps if I could see that my time and effort would be spent on things other than speakers that the same 10 people who up to everytime...maybe... but you say that's the beginning. But of what? The beginning of the beginning, only. That's all it is. When action takes place, let me know. On that note, I feel proud of what our little Fair Trade group has done so far. We got Coffee News to sell Fair Trade coffee and Dunn Bros. to increase the amount they sold. It's little, but it's physical, and therefore, worth becoming involved in.

No comments: