Thursday, February 17, 2005

i remember there was mist

I think the word that we've all come to embrace is the word 'aimless.' To many friends I have spoken to, this word embodies them. And so it embodies me.

Dear friends and lovers, tomorrow I head to Chicago for a United Students for Fair Trade conference. Parts of me are both terrified and excited. Kristina the Activist has not yet emerged, so I doubt that she will ever exist. While Kristina the Pretend Activist rides in a long car ride to a place where she may or may not have a bed, Kristina the Student loses sleep/takes too much sleep over the inabilities of her brain at solving physical, logical problems. It's a hard knock life, yo.

And while these more serious aspects of life are battling and knocking each other out in one hemisphere, in the other, this green-eyed beast with a heavy heart sits in a corner on a chair with piles and piles slung over it.

No comments: