Sunday, February 20, 2005

baby it's breakin' my heart that you're leavin'

I have fallen in love. With Chicago. I knew that I as at the very least unhealthily attracted to it last fall, but now I know that the feelings I felt were real. Chicago, you are my soulmate. Come to me and we will hold hands and have picnics in the park. We will close our eyes and smile with the sun in our faces and skip rocks across your lake.

I dreaded being away. Now I can barely stand being back. The long list of things to do, things to worry about unraveled as I held the string and drove to Chicago - it's been left along highway 90/94. But somehow, like some horror, haunting story, I come back to find everything sitting neatly in a pile on my desk.

I like buildings. I like the train that runs above and through the city. I like the sculptures, the art. I like the water. I like the streets. I like the parks. I lik the big bulbuous bulbs on Michigan. I like the castle church. I like the wide sidewalks and the sleet-like snow. I like running at the pigeons. I love the old giant black rock. I like the gigantic pillars. The only things close to you, Chicago, are London and Rome.

Fair trade? Fair trade. Fulfill something else when I am empty. Make trade fair. Food not bombs. It's so big, and I can't even fix myself.

What should I think of as I move into the second part of the second semester of my second year? I have been alone for too many sets of twos.

"to me you are perfect and my wasted heart will go on loving you"