Sunday, July 31, 2005

love is a place

Today with the help of my mom, my desperation and my mad skills at putting together a beautiful PowerPoint presentation (and possibly the fact that my parents love me after all this time), I got the green light for the 2005 SOCAL TO STPAUL ROAD TRIP. It's happening. Alex and I are packing it up and hitting the road on September 1, reaching Sisseton, South Dakota by September 3 to rub belt buckles and kick it with the cowboys. The 2nd Annual Two Star Barn Dance is just a big fat dessert on the side. After that, we'll head to the school and, hey, it's school again, and everything will fall back into place and it will be standard and okay and stressful and exhilarating and happy again.



old world underground where are you now?
subtract my age from the mileage
on my speeding heart, credit cards
accelerate, accumulate
looked for you downtown
wound up in a movie with no story
now it’s late and you are nowhere to be found


Listen to Metric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and tonight your ghost will ask my ghost, "who put these bodies between us?"